Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

We have another reader!

Drew is showing strong signs of being a reader just like his momma and brother - and also like his father would be were it not for all the textbooks!

His newest cute antic is running to grab a book, struggling to climb into a big chair or rocker with the book under his arm, sitting down, and opening the book up (usually upside down) to "read".

It's precious to me.  I love reading (I have another book review coming, I promise!) and love the thought of reading together as a family.  I have fond memories of my mother reading to my brother and I as we were growing up.  Single novels or books from a series, it didn't matter what, we just loved it when she read to us.  As I grew older, I enjoyed getting lost in other worlds by myself.  I hope that our boys find the same love of reading!

Anyway.  Getting back on topic here.  This particular night, Drew got up and started reading and I ran for the camera.  When Drew hopped down with a grin on his face sweetly asking me "see? see?" Evan hopped up into the chair and showed me how you really read a story.



And so he proceeded to tell us all about what was happening in the pictures.  It was quite the story - lemme tell ya!


And while we're on the topic of stories and book, look what I found on Amazon the other day!



Calendarbears by Kathleen Hauge!  She is the author (and her husband, Michael, the illustrator) for my favorite childhood book, Alphabears!  I found the Mother Goose Rhymes at a thrift store for 25 cents once, and the Numbears I got off Amazon before we even had children!  I love this magical duo and how they create wonderfully warm and soft pictures and bears.  If I had a book for a home, these would be the books I chose for my walls.

No comments: