Pages

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Frugal Fun: Spice It Up



In cooking, I love to use spices.  Mostly your basics, but I have a few favorites that are harder to come by in the regular market or just plain expensive due to their availability in only the most expensive glass jars.

In comes Whole Foods or any other market that sells spices in bulk.

You heard me correctly.  You can buy spices in bulk.  And I do.

When a spice is running low, I just write it down on my shopping list and know to go to the bulk section of the store and not the baking isle! You will save so. much. money. this way.  I promise.

I just bought sweet basil for under a buck and it didn't all fit in my container at home!

Don't have a container for a spice?  Not a big deal, keep it in the baggie or use an old container or a cleaned-out baby-food jar! Slap a label on it and you're good to go!

No comments: