| Evan walking around in my flips. |
| My silly Drew-boy |
These boys are the highlight of my days. They give me grief sometimes, yes, but most of the time I just love being around them. I love the "whys" and the clingy days. I love the smiles (and smirks), the curiosity (even if it means I'm cleaning something up becasue Drew was curious what sound it would make as it hit the floor), the teachable moments (even if it means we're late getting out the door), the sleepy/snugly times, the "lets run around until we're dizzy" games, reading books, drawing/scribbling pictures.
I love it all.
And yes I mean all. I even love getting smeared with half-chewed sandwich and smelling like peanut butter for the better half of the day becasue it means that they came to me for something (or that I had to go get them from something).
This is my dream job, peanut butter kisses and all.
And I love pictures. I love capturing a moment and being able to recall what exactly was going on when the shutter snapped. I love it when I capture a little smile or moment of love between the boys. And I love that Evan loves a particular picture of the two of us -- taken when he was about 15 months old. It's black and white and sits in a little black frame. It used to sit on my dresser until about 4 months ago when he found it, proclaimed it was his favorite picture, and took with him. It traveled with him for a few days (inside the house), and still does occasionally. But mostly he just likes looking at it. he'll set it by his bed at night to "watch him" sleep. I think it's so endearing.
Which is why last week I went on the hunt for a picture of Drew and me (without a paci in his mouth), made it black and white, sent it to Walgreens, found an identical little black frame (thank you, Target!), and now have a picture for Drew to one day love and cherish the way Evan does his. And the picture just happens to be from Drew's 14th month!
And so I give you pictures of a momma loving on her boys.
No comments:
Post a Comment